Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Advent Knitting and Reading

I'm making progress on the k2p2, most boring hat in the world, and we really enjoyed this book , The Real Santa Claus by Marianna Mayer, this morning. Lots of beautiful St. Nicholas art and stories.  One thing that took me aback, slightly, is that the author comes right out and says that Santa Claus doesn't exist.  Not that I mind her saying that, but it kind of shocked me!  In her note at the end, she expresses the same conviction that I've had all my life.  When I was young (and non-Catholic, and completely ignorant of all things saint-related), I refused to stop believing in Santa Claus because I felt in my heart that such goodness as Santa exhibited could not be purely fiction.  In fact, I believed that Santa or The Spirit of Santa should be present all year long.  I can't remember how it came about exactly, but I was thrilled, while on my road to Catholicism, to discover that Santa was (and is) really real!  And he didn't give gifts just on Christmas, but all the time.

::Hymnal in the background for singing Advent songs while knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...