Monday, September 10, 2012

Grace-filled Daybook


FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
It's cool, I hear from my husband.  It'll probably be another gorgeous, perfect day like yesterday.

I am thinking...
About the graces received in the Sacrament of Confession on Saturday.  The kids were teasing me about being very naughty because I was in there for a long time, but I explained that it wasn't because my list of sins was that long, but because Father Joseph had a lot of great things to say about how I should live my life!   They also wanted to know why I was crying---we've been to Confession many, many times before, so surely it's not the first time they've seen me come out in tears?---I tried to explain that they are healing tears, and tears of gratitude that I can confess my sins and be given this gift of forgiveness and healing.  Grace.  And another opportunity  to glorify God with my life.

 I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”
Matthew 16:19


I am thankful...
That I could walk on Saturday.  ;-)  On Friday, I took the kids to SkyZone which is a giant room full of connected trampolines, and, in a moment of sheer insanity, decided to join in the fun for an hour.  I don't think I've ever been on a trampoline in my life, but it was fun!  I can see why the kids spend so much time at the neighbor's house!  And it's a workout, too.  Who knew that it would be so tiring?  So I paced myself and stopped for good when I got sharp pains in my back with each bounce, and limped off in defeat.  (I wasn't really defeated.  I'm pretty sure it was just spasms from never-before-used muscles, and I had had a lot of fun in that hour!)

From the learning rooms kitchen table...
School is going pretty well.  Meg is doing a ton of reading this year which is great to see because she has not been a huge fan of reading during her lifetime.  Oh, and she's retaining information, so that's a plus, too!

In the kitchen...
Lots of paleo cooking yesterday---cleaning out the fridge of all the  veggies on the verge of going bad and making lots of flattened chicken breasts that "taste just like chicken nuggets!"  That's what we all strive for, right?  For our cooking to taste like McDonalds.

I am wearing...
Denim capris and a white scoopneck---I was gonna call it a "tee" but I remembered that I despise wearing actual tshirts----so, in the interest of full disclosure, it's a cotton scoopneck.  ;-)

I am knitting...
Eh.  A tote bag out of scrap yarn which I seem to work on only on Friday nights at trivia.

I am going...
To the chiropractor (see "I am Thankful") for myself and my Pipster.  He's been complaining for a while about his neck, and it started hurting more after SkyZone.  We'll see what the chiro has to say about that place!  He already disapproves of my roller coaster riding.  Middle-aged (ouch, did I really just admit that?) ladies aren't supposed to have any fun, evidently.

I am reading...
Killing Lincoln.  Still.  It's really good, and 5 days overdue at the library, but I don't have much time to read these days.  And no, I can't renew it because it's a 2-week, no renewal, book.  All I can do is keep it and pay the fine---so I am!

I am hoping...
To finish Killing Lincoln today or tomorrow!  :-)

I am looking forward to...
Our first American Heritage Girls meeting of the year this week.  The troop is growing, which is great, but I'll be happy when we're settled into a routine and the big onslaught of paperwork is over with!

I am hearing on my ipod...
Looking forward to listening to the crazies on Catholic Weekend sometime soon.  I couldn't hang out in the chat room yesterday because of the cooking and celebrating the Blessed Mother's birthday at the park with our homeschool group.  It was a lovely day.

Around the house...
Oh my!  It is so cluttered around here.  Too many things going on and not enough being finished and put away.  I think that's what I'll have to do----the cleaning and decluttering that I didn't have time for on our Crazy Busy Saturday.  And then there will still be more to do!

One of my favorite things...
Sleeping.  All.  Night.  Long.  Need I say more?  Yes:  It would be nice to do that again.  Soon.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
AHG, cleaning, painting (Stay tuned!),  decluttering.  LIFE.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Before.  And ignore the clutter---it doesn't always look like that!

Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook

3 comments:

  1. You are one lovely woman, inside and outside. Living for God's grace and helping your family raise into fruitful Catholics is certainly not easy, but praise God you got a wonderful husband. By the way, have faith with your chiropractor's hands. Keep us posted with your showers of roses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Stopping by from SWD. Enjoyed reading about your life / family. We homeschool too - we're on year 4. Hugs and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to get over here yesterday but it just never happened. Are you going to share that "chicken nugget" recipe?

    PS No more trampolines. Are you crazy?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...