Monday, July 16, 2012

Done Whining Daybook


FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
It was cool enough for my 7 a.m. walk this morning, but extremely humid.  Pretty skies, though---I always enjoy a beautiful sky with changing clouds as I did on the drive home Saturday.
Guana-Tolomato-Matanzas National Estuarine Research Reserve--an estuary, basically.
I am thinking...
About my vocation.  Reading Elizabeth Foss's post this morning was an excellent antidote to feeling sorry for myself that vacation is over!  Taking care of a home that is blessed with 6 children and a hard-working husband takes a lot of effort, which I don't mind doing for the most part, and I need to remember this is a calling from God.  He has given more than I ever imagined or deserved.  He hasn't always given me what I wanted, but I know that He knows that's for the best!

I am thankful...
For all the ways God shows me that He loves me, whether it's through something someone says or does, a blog post, Twitter (yes, even Twitter!), or an email.

From the learning rooms...
Meg is off to summer camp this morning, but there will be Math all week for the Pipster!
Mr. Tortoise from our hike on the GTM-NERR
In the kitchen...
Oh, I know it's a vocation, but could we just eat leftovers and scavenge for a few days until I get my act together! ;-)

I am wearing...
Shorts, a ratty t-shirt for walking the dog, my Vibrams five-fingers, and I think I'll be wearing this for a while (in public, no less!) since we're running out of the house in a minute to get last-minute camp items!

I am knitting...
Citron.  In black merino which I have had for ages.  It will be pretty, though not exactly the right color for it's name, and it will make a nice chapel veil if the need arises.
"Alligators Can Be Dangerous" they say.  If you see any, which we didn't.
I am going...
Michaels and Target.  It would be nice if I could get my stuff done early enough to let Pete have the car, and then I don't have to drive him all his places this afternoon.  I can stay home and...Keep House.

I am reading...
33 Days to Morning Glory, The Truth About St. Therese.


I am hoping...
All Meg's stuff fits into my friend's car with their stuff for summer camp!

I am looking forward to...
Getting organized, again, and getting the clutter out of the house, or just put away from the vacation.
I think the estuaries are gorgeous!
I am hearing on my ipod...
SQPN Catholic Weekend, and Pat Gohn's Among Women.  In Ep. 138 she talks to Kelly Wahlquist about the 33 Days to Morning Glory consecration program.  You should listen.  Pat is always informative and gives real guidance with her guests for helping us live out our Catholic womanhood.

Around the house...
Clutter.  Have I mentioned that?  I think I have.  New clutter, old clutter, clutter, clutter, clutter.  I've realized over the years that what makes a vacation so great is not the spending of vast amounts of money to do exciting things, but the simplifying of life.   We take hardly any clothes with us, so there is less to wash and store.  If you rent a house, it's nicely furnished with a minimum of knick-knacks, and we don't bring all our toys, so there is much less picking up to do.  Cooking is simplified by eating out a lot or by having other people do it---as I did last week.  I cooked only once and had the kids cook all the other nights!  I think it's time to take some of those lessons and apply them at home!

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Besides driving around, which I will minimize.  I plan to stay home and Get Stuff Done!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Heading into the jungle for a very hot, buggy hike which only the parents seemed to enjoy.  I guess beause we like torturing kids, right?







Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook

2 comments:

  1. I love how God can use even social media to talk to us. Also understand the clutter thing as I have been decluttering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can certainly relate about clutter! Reading your Daybook about being a wife and a mother reminded me of a web page I saw this morning. You might like it, too: http://www.time-warp-wife.blogspot.com/2012/07/homemakers-creed-free-printable.html ~ Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...