Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Dog Days of Summer

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
Dark.  It's 10 p.m.  When I walked the dog at 7:30 p.m., I thought it was delightfully cool.  By the end of the mile it felt simply muggy.

I am thinking...
About my mom.  5 years ago Saturday.  Most of the time I'm fine, but this week I don't seem to be able to shake the overwhelming feeling of sadness that pervades everything.  I'm busy, but not crazy busy, so I don't think that's why I feel the way I do.

I'm thinking about my sweet mom, but I'm definitely NOT thinking about the fact that my oldest child is Moving Out.  Yes, she's gone to college and been gone for long stretches of time, and she's been a college graduate for a year.  But she has been living in my basement, and even though I don't restrict her comings and goings, she has been HERE.  But in 2 weeks, she won't be.  She'll be officially On Her Own.

I am thankful...
For all my blessings.  Just don't ask me what I'm thankful for early in the morning, because it's really hard to think of things then!

From the learning rooms...
Ugh.  Not thinking about that either.  I told you, we're just going to open the books next Thursday (is that the 8th? or the 9th?) and see what the Mother of Divine Grace Syllabus says to do.  And we'll do it....if we have the books.

In the kitchen...
The bane of my existence.

I am knitting...
My black shawl/chapel veil which suits my mood perfectly.

I am going...
Here, there, and everywhere, and lots of places in between.

I am hoping...
For a better state of mind starting August 5, at least through my birthday, until the stress of the Move hits me.

I am looking forward to...
Getting back into a routine.  I can do without all the work that Back to School brings with it, but it also brings a routine that my soul craves right now.

I am hearing on my ipod...
I'm up to date on all my favorite Catholic podcasts, so it was Jimmy Moore Asks the Low-Carb Experts all day today, which were great, but I really could have used the soothing tones of Pat Gohn in my ears!

Around the house...
Laundry that I don't have time to do.  A nightmare of a wingback chair that needs a slipcover which I am not quite capable of giving it.  God willing, through the intercession of St. Anne, tomorrow I'll have an epiphany and figure out how to cover the arms!

One of my favorite things...
Sitting on the deck with a cool breeze blowing and a refreshing drink in my hand, while I read an engrossing book.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Slipcovering nightmares, piano, Happy 26th anniversary, sewing or knitting for fun.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
Thinking of ways to cheer me up!

Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook

3 comments:

  1. you need a getaway! That picture and subtitle looks like shooting your belived with a cannon would cheer you up! He's a cutie. Don't shoot him! ;-)

    i know what you mean about craving order. I can't wait for the kids who go to school to go to school so I can order my days. Every day starts w/ "what's for lunch? what's for dinner?" and I am expected to entertain and feed these people all day!

    Today I have my hips rotated and I think I might just be out of commission for a couple days (whether or not I really am). I have socks to knit and books to listen to. I don't know if you have a resource for online books (I use an Ohio online library through my own library) but it's a great distraction -- while I fold laundry, cook dinner, sew, knit. I can really tune everyone else out. sometimes they need to think mom does have a life.

    I hope things get brighter for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, goodness! He's standing *next* to the cannon, not in the line of fire! And *he's* thinking of ways to cheer *me* up! Usually, he's the only one I don't mind cooking and cleaning for because he's always out there working for me and offering to help when he's home.

      Delete
  2. "beloved"

    Sorry about my spelling and caps. I turned off autocorrect and autocaps on my phone yesterday. I decided if I was going to send texts and emails with misspellings they would be mine and not Apple's!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...