Friday, April 27, 2012

7 Grateful Takes


---1---
I'm thankful it's Friday and we have a quiet weekend ahead!

It has been a week.  Let me tell you.  I can handle only so much excitement in my life or I start to get a bit stressed.   See?  I don't even know where I'm supposed to be looking while my picture is taken!


---2---
I'm very thankful for the gift of the Sacraments and a teenage boy who is excited to recieve Confirmation.  You know we had Confirmation on Sunday evening, and then a little party afterwards.  Here's a pic from the Mass.

---3---

I'm thankful for this guy even if he is a goofball when it comes to picture taking.  :-)

We also celebrated my Dear Husband's 50th birthday which was really just yesterday.

---4---
I'm thankful for the ability to send out prayer requests at the click of a mouse to hundreds of people!  

If you follow me on Twitter, you know that I tweeted about one of my dearest friends being diagnosed with ovarian cancer on Friday.  I found out about it Saturday morning and it cast a pall over the entire week as we worried, and prayed, and waited for the test results which in my mind would just tell us what stage cancer she had.

---5---
I'm thankful for something meaningful to do which, usually, helps calm me down.  

I knitted frantically to calm my brain; I prayed frantically, while I knitted, for both her and another friend whose family needs lots of prayers.  I think I also ate a lot to calm myself, which didn't really work.  It just gave me something else to worry about!

---6---
I'm thankful for my understanding husband who doesn't mind if I'm not home for his birthday!

In my usual I'm-so-bad-with-dates way, I didn't even realize that the Big Birthday was on Thursday, the same day as my AHG meeting.  I had to be there because of extra stuff going on, and I had offered to take my friend's girls to the meeting, so I made him a nice dinner and dessert and left it for him to enjoy with the kids.

---7---
I'm thankful that I had to go pick up the girls for the meeting because I was able to hug my friend and cry with her over the news that the test results were NEGATIVE and she doesn't have cancer!  Well, I cried.  I think she was over the crying-with-relief stage and had moved on to pure joy.

I am just so Thankful that she doesn't have to endure that cross!  And neither do her 5 children who are just as lovely and sweet as she is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Join the fun at Jen's for more 7 Quick Takes!

1 comment:

  1. Wow--it's negative!!! Adding my prayers of thanks! Cannot even imagine what your friend had been going through.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...