Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Yarn Along

I'm Yarning Along without pictures today because of the Blogger Issue and the fact that my knitting is in the car.  I'm very busy today and just have time to put in a few words before dashing off to the next thing on the To Do List.

I started a pair of socks on Sunday whilst Dh and I were at a concert.  We went to the Monastery of the Holy Spirit in Conyers, Ga to hear my daughter sing with the UGA choirs.  They performed Bach's St. Matthew Passion.

3 hours of pure, musical bliss.

Plenty of time to work on a sock!

I'll show you a pic next week, I hope.  I love this pattern; it's the same that I used for my first pair of socks, but those were striped and don't show the lacework very well.  These will be a lovely blue.  The pattern is very easy to memorize (Thank heavens!), so I'm enjoying them while not able to knit on the Entomology.  The rows on that one are taking forever to finish now; I'm lucky if I get in 2 per day!

The reading stack has grown still more since I downloaded 2 books onto my iphone:  Middlemarch and Daniel Deronda, both by George Eliot.  I've never read Eliot before, but I'm looking forward to these since I saw the mini-series(es?) on Netflix and loved them both.  

Mostly I'm working on The Diary of a Hunted Priest which is very interesting.

Happy Knitting, all!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your thrift find was a winner! Looking forward to seeing your socks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...