Friday, May 28, 2010

7 Quick Takes


~1~

I don't know if I have 7 Quick Takes in me today.  I'm totally exhausted from last night's swim meet.  You'd think I'd be in better shape from walking up to the pool every day, but my job last night was exhausting mentally and physically.  I was Assistant Deck Manager, which I've never done before, so I had to learn how to wrangle all those snakes  swimmers and get them lined up in the proper order for their events.

I only had the first half.  How does the Deck Manager who worked the entire meet feel this morning?

~2~

Meg, the Little Princess, came down this morning around 7, and promptly fell asleep in the chair behind me.

~3~

I didn't eat dinner last night at the meet.  No pizza or Mac & Cheese for me, thanks.  I waited until I got home and it must have been 10:30 before I ate!  But it was good.  So was a shower and my bed.

~4~

Haven't gotten any fun projects done this week.  It has been a week of swim practice, picking up Pete early from school, running errands, and American Heritage Girls on the brain.  

I do have some things to show you, though.  Maybe next week!

~5~

Last day of school finally!  For the home schoolers and my high schooler.  Then we can start our summer work on Tuesday!  It won't be very different from the very casual school we've had all week.  Just a little math and reading and fun workbooks.

I'll let you know how that goes----historically we've been very bad about doing ANYTHING constructive during the summer.

~6~

Dh and I are going to a wedding on Monday.  We're soooo excited.  This is the first wedding of one of the children we've watched grow up.  We've known this young lady since we first moved here and she was 12!  Her parents, Pipster's godparents, are just about the first people we met when we moved to GA. I can't wait to see her walk down the aisle.

I might cry.

~7~

If you have a summer job for my 16 year-old, just let me know.  He desperately needs work and I'll send him to you.  He's a good sleeper, a good eater, and, when he's awake, a good worker.  An all around fine young man who would be a credit to your company.  

All reasonable offers will be considered.

~~~~~~~~~
Find more Quick Takes at Jen's Conversion Diary.


1 comment:

  1. Summer! Yeah!!!! I'm soooo ready to greet you! Hurry up and get here already!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...