Friday, April 10, 2015

Easter Friday Quick Takes



1.  Pip turned his bow into a crossbow, so, instead of the traditional Easter egg hunts, we shot arrows (modified with knife points!). Lots of fun was had and I don't think we lost any arrows in the woods.  And no one got shot, which is key, right? This boy cracks me up---he's all about weapons ever since he was a toddler---and he likes to create things. Whatever will he do as an adult?


2. Meg decorated the Easter cake again with Katie in attendance as design consultant. Meg's stars have improved quite a bit, and she makes a mean buttercream! FYI, we colored the coconut with cocoa to make it brown.


3. Meg and I went on retreat with her AHG unit, and they each wrote down what makes their AHG sisters beautiful. I turned each girl's attributes into a word cloud via Wordle.net and printed them on cardstock, suitable for framing. I hope the girls love them as much I enjoyed making them! I'm sure there are lots of other uses for wordles----what do you think? You can see only a portion of each wordle in the picture because I didn't want one of the girls to see anyone's before they were given out.



4. Our stay-at-home spring break included a fun afternoon of rock climbing with friends. It's scary to watch sometimes, but it's a great workout for the kids.


5. Today is Easter Friday. We are still in the Octave of Easter so you don't have to fast or abstain today! I'm going to make a big batch of bacon to celebrate. :-)

6.  Saw this video on FB yesterday. It's a perfect illustration of why so many people in GA are miserable this week. So. Much. Pollen. from the Georgia pines! Thank God for today's rain to wash it all away!



Gotta love that pine pollen. Check out this video.
Posted by Glenn Burns on Wednesday, April 8, 2015

7. That's all I've got. No more takes for me. What do you have to say? I'm going to spend the rest of the day knitting and reading while my car is in the shop having recall work done!

(who am I kidding? I'll probably clean house.) Thanks for hosting, Kelly! Praying for your little guy to get out of the hospital today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...