Yes, I'm still here, in case you were wondering. One sweet person did email to ask if we'd been deathly ill or anything, but no. I'm just trying to find my groove again now that the New Year is off and running. I had had so many plans for the week after Christmas until school started on the 7th to get myself resolutioned up and organized. But, alas, with my FIL's funeral, that week was completely shot from an organizational perspective.
|Photo for the Yarn Along post which didn't happen last week. I'm approaching the end of that second sock (squee!) and I've started my Chesterton Reading Plan! Go me.|
It was, however, a good week for some perspective on family and service to others. The whole experience played heavily into my New Year's Resolutions which I did make on January 16 during Adoration. Better late than never, right? In case you're interested, here are my resolutions for 2014:
- Daily prayer + spiritual reading first thing in the morning.
- Reading the Gospels (with Flocknote) was the original goal, but that has morphed into listening to the entire New Testament with the Truth & Life app I got for Christmas.
- Daily Mass at least once per week.
- Facilitating a Consoling the Heart of Jesus 10-week retreat.
- Following the Chesterton reading plan with a new Chesterton book each month.
- Organize my To Be Read shelf and gather some of the books that I've been planning to read for ages, so they're handy. And read them this year.
- Exercise 4 days per week in addition to a long walk with the dog daily. I'm going to get back to my video & DVD collection that's gathering dust.
- Do these back exercises daily. My back is a pain in the neck! I did these this morning and it was amazing how much better it felt!
- Lose 50 lbs. for my 50th birthday in August. I hate putting that out there, but there it is for the whole internet to see. I've given up coffee, caffeine, allllll sugars, all gluten grains, and I'll be keeping my carb count between 50-75g per day to keep feeding my thyroid and not end up with the situation I was in a few years ago.
- Get together with friends 2x per month.
- Use the phone and call someone, especially family, weekly. That doesn't sound like much, but I almost never talk on the phone anymore!
- Make sure to practice the Corporal Works of Mercy instead of thinking I'm too busy. I'm really not anymore.
I should probably bookmark this blog post so I can refer to my Resolutions on a regular basis for a little check up! Share your resolutions or post in the comments. I'd love to hear from you!