Sunday, November 29, 2015

Not Ready for Advent?

Happy First Sunday of Advent! I love this time of year...not because of all the frenzied shopping and non-stop, bad Christmas music, but because of all the little traditions we have in our family. We are modifying those traditions somewhat because we don't have many children at home anymore, and those that we have aren't little. The basic routine is the same though.


If you are in desperate need of a plan for the rest of Advent, here's the post I wrote last year outlining our routine. Reading over it just now confirmed to me that I have way too much Christmas Stuff! I'm definitely minimizing as I go this year. I did a little of that last year, too.

Since we have been through the readings for the Jesse Tree for so many years in a row, we are reading a few pages from Caryll Houselander's The Reed of God every night. I was hooked just by the introduction tonight, so I am looking forward to it.

God bless your Advent!
xo,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...