Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Daybook



MY DAYBOOK

Outside my window...
Cloudy and cool!  A change from the hot, sunny weather we've had for months.  After a couple of days of heavy rain, this is rather nice.
  
I am thinking...
about this post. I started my novena to St. Therese with a very self-serving prayer, but as always, when I ask for something very specific, I feel as if I am denying God the opportunity to give me what I "need" rather than what I "want".  Yes, I still selfishly ask for that one intention, but I also ask for the grace to accept God's will as joyfully as St. Therese did.


I am thankful for...
My husband and my children.  A 10th grader at Madden's small school killed himself this weekend, and the entire community is devastated.  I hope my kids know that they can always come to me with their problems and that we'll find a way to solve them together with God's grace.  

May he rest in peace.

From the learning rooms...
We're struggling with finding the energy to do our work.  Spending so much time in the car, we're spent when we get home.  All we want to do is spend time with our geography studies.  The kids are enjoying the study of Ancient Egypt and the books we're reading.  

From the kitchen...
This week in the kitchen may be an adventure since I did a pretty brief shopping trip on Saturday. 


Pretty much the same as last week.  No menus and no plans.  It's like Chopped all week!  I'll just pick a few ingredients and throw them together.


I am wearing...
brown capris and a white tee.  I just took off my lime green sweater because it's warming up.

I am creating...
fingerless mitts for Meg.  She wants them (just one, really) for halloween.  I made one in just a day and a half, without a pattern.  On the one hand (lol) it's awesome, and on the other hand it looks a bit like a cast!  A black, sparkly one, but a cast nonetheless!

I am going...
crazy trying to recruit more leaders for American Heritage Girls!  The troop is growing, and it's wonderful, but we need more leaders and no one seems to want that responsibility.

I am reading...
Outlander,the next book in the series by Diana Gabaldon.  Another page turner.

I am hearing...
Children bickering about how best to deconstruct our very old Lil Tikes Crazy Coupe and make a convertible out of it.

Around the house...
Clutter.  Ugh.  Time for fall housecleaning. 15 minutes at a time because that's all I have.


(hmmm, none of that happened this week.  We'll try again.)

One of my favorite things...

Fall weather before it gets too cold!


A few plans for the rest of the week: 
 3 chiropractic visits this week to hurry up and correct my twisted neck!  

1 comment:

  1. maybe you could do school on the weekends?? and take the middle of the week off???

    just a thought.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...