Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Boy Am I Tired!

I stayed up all night trying to download TMax's performance of Für Elise, but it wouldn't work. So we're fur-less this morning. And I'm tired, but not that tired because I didn't really stay up all night---I let the computer do that.

Yesterday was a lovely day. Maybe not very productive, but lovely. I went to the chiropractor, which made my neck feel soooo much better. I got a nap on the couch while I iced my neck and 4 boys played The Game of Life on the floor. I just want to know: does every Life spinner make that horrible squeaking sound??? KT was very sweet and went to pick up Madden after school, but he didn't actually need to be picked up until after football practice, so I was spared that. She also took her siblings and a couple of spares to Chik-fil-a for free chicken sandwiches at 5 and dropped off the Princess at swim practice. What was I doing all this time after my nap? Folding a dozen loads of laundry.

The best part of the day, besides the part where the Master of the World came home to me, was walking to the pool and back again to pick up Little Princess. The sun was shining; the sky was a gorgeous blue, and the temperature was delightfully cool---about 67 degrees. For walking, that's a great temperature. For swimming children, not so much.

Everyone keeps asking if we're done with school. No. I'm not sure we ever will be. We're trying desperately to get the essentials in, but it is difficult this time of year. Technically, our last day of school is June 1 or 2, but I think we'll keep doing a little every day to finish our books.

Can you hear the maniacal laughter and the sound of children weeping and wailing?

Yeah, me too.

How's that car search coming? you ask. Not well. Don't ask. I think we'll just rush out on Saturday and pick up any old thing we can find that'll seat 8. No problem.

But yesterday was a beautiful day, and I think today is going to be also.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh Sara, I had no idea you've been through so much this month. Sorry I've been away for so long. I'm glad you and your family are o.k. (except for the neck). You deserve to be tired and take it easy. However folding a dozen loads of laundry (hum, sounds familiar)is still quite the time hog.

    Best wishes on finding your new or used vehicle.

    68 degrees happens to be my favorite temperature. Perfect for working in the yard and not dropping buckets of sweat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the feeling of a freshly cracked neck!! Hope in continues to mend well!!
    We never finish with the school year either! Actually, it's hard to make them work during a beautiful Southern Spring - it's so hot here in the summer, we have to stay indoors most of the time anyway - why not just keep going? Right? Good times.
    Take care!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...