~Linking up with Kelly at This Ain't the Lyceum. Drop in for more Quick Takes. ~
I seem to be having such a hard time getting back into the blogging groove! I guess because it's Birthday Month around here, and after Christmas we've been celebrating birthdays and doing a lot of planning for American Heritage Girls. It's been fairly busy and I'm hoping to take down the Christmas decorations tomorrow! Today, though, I thought I would give you a little snapshot, or seven, of what my day has been like. :-)
- 8:00 a.m. Dropped off Pip for school after an extra-long, extra-rainy drive. Seriously yucky weather, and I'm really disappointed in Google for telling me that today was just going to be 'cloudy'!
- 9:00 a.m. After sitting in the car at Chik Fil A, in the pouring rain, knitting and checking FB for an hour while Meg sleeps, it's time to try to rouse her!
- 10:00 a.m. I've had coffee and hash browns and she is working on her homework while I check my blogs, email, and work on my sock.
- 11:00 a.m. We've chatted with the lovely, German hostess for a little bit about knitting and local yarn shops, and Meg is about out of work to do. She still has math, but her old-fashioned, wooden pencils broke and don't come with replacement leads.
- 12:00 p.m. In lieu of math, we have spent the last hour planning an AHG event that she is in charge of executing. We've researched, come up with an email, a flyer, a schedule of events, and even put together a crossword puzzle for one of the activities. I love online puzzle makers! They have always added a little extra fun to homeschooling. So, now we'll order a little lunch for Pip and myself before heading out to school. (Meg ate at some point in the morning!)
- 1:00 p.m. We delivered Pip's lunch, and Meg has her 2 Friday classes, art and drama. I wait. Usually, I walk with a friend and then knit the last hour or so. Today was just knitting and chatting with other moms and admins.
- 4:00 p.m. Finally home and fried from my long, tiring day! It would be better if I had gotten that hourlong walk in, but alas. When I got home my Fitbit read 748 steps!!!! It's going to be really hard to hit 10,000 today! Even yesterday's 12,000+ won't make up for that.
I hope your day was sunnier and filled with much more movement than mine. Tell me what you did today. Have a great 3-day weekend!