Friday, June 19, 2015

What a Week!


 My nieces and nephews just got out of school last Friday, but it seems like we've been out forever and summer is nearly over. There has been a lot of activity packed into the past three weeks!

Friday, I had a Mental Health Day of sorts. After a really hard week, physically and mentally---there were many tears shed and some that wanted to be shed, but I managed to hold them back. It was time to just rest and do easier things, if not nothing.

I did some shopping, frogging my knitting, and started a new project. I watched tv and perused FB a lot.

The real bright spots in the day were:

1. When the painter came and gave me an estimate for removing the stubborn wallpaper, repairing drywall, and reprinting. 

2. My new rug came from RugsUSA.com---I ordered it only two days ago, and it's here already! It's gorgeous and I can't wait to see it in my family room when the floors are finished!

3. New toilets and faucets also arrived.

I was still an exhausted wreck on Sunday---tears flowed freely at Mass. Ugh! I appreciate the "gift of tears" but sometimes it would be nice to turn them off! I think that it is my (somewhat embarrassing) way of resting my head in Jesus's shoulder. He's there and I can't help but pour out my troubles.


The bathroom got stripped and painted in one day. The color is shocking! I like using bright colors in bathrooms for fun, but this might be a bit over the line. The photo is particularly bad because the late afternoon sun coming in the window made it glow. It's actually better in person and I'm hoping that we can tone it down with accessories! Thoughts?
 

On the flip side, the library, soon to be office, is beautifully green and restful. And I'm not a fan of painting ceilings!


Here's a sample of what my home looks like these days:




I'm ready for this to be over having never done renovations like this. It's fun and horrible all at the same time! I'm not looking forward to having to tackle the basement right after this. I have new respect for all those DIYers who constantly work on their homes!


3 comments:

  1. No wonder you are stressed....there is no 'peaceful' retreat anywhere. But this WILL end and you'll be SO glad and the stress will be worth it. Until then, rely on those broad shoulders. HE can take all you can give Him!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's probably the problem, Steph, that there are no clean spaces where I can relax. I'm relaxing in my room today, but it's a mess and I just can't look around at everything stored here!

      Delete
  2. No wonder you are stressed....there is no 'peaceful' retreat anywhere. But this WILL end and you'll be SO glad and the stress will be worth it. Until then, rely on those broad shoulders. HE can take all you can give Him!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...