Thursday, March 20, 2014

Lots of Knitting!



~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a photo and share it either on your blog or on Flickr. Leave a link at Ginny's to share your photo with the rest of us! ~

~~~
First off, a couple of photos of the finished and blocked A Drop in the Ocean.  It looks so much better once it is blocked, and I just love the size! I can wear it wrapped around anyway I want, or I can use it as a shawl since I made it wider.  The colors are awesome and match today's turquoise skirt perfectly.



Still on the needles is my Color Affection.  Note the size of the remaining yarn balls.  The light blue and brown are scary small!  I had this same problem with my original CA for my sister, but there was plenty of yarn.  With this one, I'm not so sure.  I didn't double and triple check the wrappers when I started, nor can I find them, but I have the distinct impression that the navy blue is actually a thinner yarn (dk vs. sport?) than the other two. So I really, really might not have enough of those two smaller balls.

Finally, I started this crazy Sock Yarn blanket thanks to the generous donations of friends.  It's fun to make the little squares, so far, but I haven't tried attaching them yet, or weaving in the many ends that are going to accrue!

Reading has been audio for the past few days. I'm listening to G. K. Chesterton's What's Wrong with the World, though I've taken a break for Nicholas Sparks' The Longest Ride. It's a pretty long ride, and it's been kind of depressing and intense, so I really hope it's not one of the usual Sparks books that ends with a death! Right now, it seriously looks as if there may be TWO deaths.

I think there is a huge difference between Chesterton and Sparks.  Which way does your pendulum swing?

1 comment:

  1. I tend to be wary of depressing reads. I can really get affected by that kind of thing. It took me forever to get through Fahrenheit 451. I LOVED it, but it was very realistic and scary. I had to take two breaks, especially at election time!
    I have never read Sparks. I think I tried Dear John once, but I had just seen the movie, so it was hard to get swept away since I knew what was going to happen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...