Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Year for St. Paul and My Husband

Today is the beginning of the Year of St. Paul. It's also the name day of my dear husband, the Master of the World. (That's his nickname because it's the meaning of his first name and we've always gotten a big kick out of it!) We like to celebrate name days with the dinner and dessert of choice. He also got to use the "happy day" plate that I made at one of those paint-your-own-china places a few years ago. Everyone loves to use it on their special days---birthdays and name days.

I hope this is the beginning of a grace-filled year as we go through this Pauline year with St. Paul. It think we'll have to find a special way to remember him each day during our family prayers.

Almighty and everlasting God, Who, of Thy Divine mercy, didst instruct Thy blessed Apostle Paul what he should do that he might be filled with the Holy Ghost; by his admonitions directing us and his merits interceding for us, grant that we may serve Thee in fear and trembling and so be filled with the comfort of Thy heavenly gifts. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

3 comments:

  1. So, you've been busy! You write a very beautiful blog! Thanks for the prayer. We celebrated the name day as well yesterday - the plate is a great idea! Can you show us a picture of that as well?
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo! You have a blog now. 'Bout time! I have really wanted to hang out with you, ya know. I haven't forgotten. You, me, Kath, Sara...would be fun!!!

    We are actually on our way right now to meet a 'therapist' for Ben. Someone he can talk some of his issues out with. So, prayer hands are clasped.

    I am going to add you to my faves right now!!! Oh, thanks for the advice re: intervals. I love the idea.

    Luv,
    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister from another mother, 'Rachel' sent me your way.

    Did u name your blog A Shower of Roses because you are a St Therese fan? Or for another reason?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...