Monday, April 4, 2016

PHFR - Spring Break

          round button chicken

Linking up with the ladies at Like Mother Like Daughter


I'm so late to the link-up this week. I thought I was doing well by uploading the photos on Friday, but somehow the post never got written. Better late than never! Life can always use a little pretty, happy, funny, and real, no matter what day of the week it is! (ha! missed the linkup!)


{pretty}

This corner in my neighborhood is the Most Beautiful. I've probably told you about it before, but there are 5 large cherry trees there and it's magnificent. I often wonder how the neighbors would feel if I brought a blanket and a book and camped out for the afternoon to read underneath them!


On a spectacular spring day we had a tennis match near here, so Pip wanted to go early and hike up to the "Indian Seats". We had gotten a late start, so we had to hike pretty quickly the 3.8 miles round trip. I spread out a blanket on the grass at the tennis match and promptly fell asleep!

{happy}


Between knitting projects, I've just been making pompoms like crazy! They're so much fun, and the oblong basket is now on my kitchen table as a centerpiece of pompoms. LOL. 


{funny}



Meg has been reading The Hobbit in school, and they had to paint peg dolls as some of the characters and illustrate a particular scene. She started this project pretty much at the last minute and spent a full day painting these guys. Who are they? Can't you tell? Gandalf in the back, Thorin Oakenshield, Fili & Kili in the middle, and Bilbo in the front. She did such an amazing job that I want to order some large peg dolls and paint little wooden saints with her.


{real}




Last week was spring break, so we celebrated by having Pippo's wisdom teeth extracted! That kept me home most of the week, and not a little bit bored. I started knitting a shrug which I'll show you later this week (maybe!), but it just wasn't keeping my attention.

I got an irresistible urge to sew, instead of knit, while making pompoms. It's crazy how that happens around Easter when it's really too late to make anything like an Easter dress! I wanted to make Meg an Alabama Chanin jersey dress, and she picked out Cinderella blue for her fabric. It's completely handsewn-----com.plete.ly-----and I just finished the 15.6 feet of embroidery on the princess seams last night. I'm so pleased with how it turned out. I can't wait to show you!









      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...