Saturday, November 27, 2010

URGH: Re-Entry

We had a lovely Thanksgiving with the family in Virginia.  The phone-pics from the playground were from up there; I don't know if we had sun here, or not!

It was a Tuesday-Friday trip to avoid Holiday Traffic and get home so that Katie and Brendan could go back to school today for the Big Game tonight.

I got lots and lots of knitting and reading done in the car.  The kids, especially the older ones, got lots of sleep in the car!  They were remarkably quiet for 12 hours!!

We also had two lovely days in which to visit with the family.  Most of the cousins were there, and it was so nice to reconnect with all of them.   I am extremely Thankful that I married into such a close-knit family; holiday gatherings have their little stresses, but on the whole, it is fun and joyful!  Seeing the cousins together makes me smile.  The older ones get along great and they play have so much fun with the little ones, too.

Now we're home, and I'm Very Thankful to be safely here, too.  My big kids left early this morning and I'm feeling their absence.  I'm also feeling the weight of the many loads of laundry, the fall decorations that have done their duty, and the children who want it to look like Christmas all of a sudden.  I'm all in favor of it beginning to look a lot like Christmas, but I'm the one who needs to do it all.  Put away Fall and take out Advent.

Menus and shopping lists need to be made.  Shopping needs to be done.  And I'm feeling spoiled rotten from all my time spent chatting, knitting, and reading over the past 4 days!

Sigh.  It's so hard to maintain that feeling of peace and joy!  How do you do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...