Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday Snippets

I'm over my whine-fest from Friday. Sorry about that. I didn't sob myself to sleep last Thursday, it was just a few tears of exhaustion and frustration as my head hit the pillow!

~~~~

Today we spent the afternoon visiting our college students since this is the day between their birthdays.
The youngest two were very happy to see them!





We had lunch, presents, and cupcakes, and then a little trip to Borders. It was a fun but too short visit. It's strange to have all 8 of us around the table for lunch and then just 6 for dinner!

~~~~

I think the drought is over in Georgia. I'm pretty sure it has been for a while, but this past week of near-constant rain has to confirm it. I can't remember when we've had such a rainy September.

Our basement is leaking. Our backyard is washing away. The neighbor's yard is evidently washing away too, but not fast enough to replace the erosion going on in mine!

The dam looks like it might burst:



The kids had to go out and check out the many rivers around the house. During dinner it was raining buckets.






(Ha! It worked! Thank you Apple!) Here's a video looking out our dining room window at the rushing river. This is just supposed to be a gentle slope down to the neighbors' yard. I've never seen it like this before.

~~~~~
Finally, here are those pictures of KT that I couldn't scan yesterday. Some of my favorites! I hope she's grateful that I didn't post the naked ones.




2 comments:

  1. cute, very cute.

    i know what you mean about the dinnertime thing. it's just plain weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what???!! no bare baby butts on her birthday???!!!!


    I'm downright disappointed.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Have a beautiful day! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...